Re: [Evolution] Simple hack question

There is no command to do this.  Evolution 2.2 has a d-bus notification interface which can let you know that there is new mail; perhaps this could be used.  Alternatively it also has a plugin mechanism wereby you can discover information about new mail arriving and this could be used to drive another program (or e.g. write it to a file you could read later).