[Evolution] New evolution user questions

I have just started using evolution (mostly because it can write to my
ldap server) and have a few questions, and was wonder if anyone would be
kind enough to answer them.

What is the purpose of the "On This Computer" mailbox? I assumed that it
would look at /var/mail but it doesn't (or does it and I'm just being
rubbish?) and if doesn't can I get rid of it?

I've noticed that evolution creates a "Junk" (virtual?) folder but I
haven't asked evolution not to check for spam so why does it create that
folder? Again can I get rid of it?

And finally I was wondering if the evolution schema for ldap was still
supported, and what features it would give me over inetOrgPerson?

--
OoberMick
"The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: