Re: [Evolution] Inconsistent expunge behaviour

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 08:49 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Anyway there was no need to file a bug, there is a prompt for this,
> and by default it will ask, you must've turned it off in the past -
> there is no (need for a) visible option to re-enable it (and many
> other similar options).

In previous versions of Evo I did get a prompt. At one time I did turn
it off, decided it was too dangerous and turned it on again (by
selecting the "confirm when expunging a folder" box under Mail
Preferences). That box is still ticked. What has changed is Evo's
behaviour. That's what I'm complaining about.

Perhaps 2.2 doesn't consider that requiring confirmation to expunge a
folder means I also want confirmation to empty trash (which includes
expunging each folder). Previous versions did follow this logic. If 2.2
is different, there should be a separate option.

Well, they are separate options as i said  previously.  But you must have set 'do not ask me this again' at some point.  There is no way to adjust the option in the ui, but it still exists.

poc