Re: [Evolution] Adding entries to LDAP addressbook

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 22:02 -0400, Luke St.Clair wrote:
Are you sure?  Mine is logging to syslog and i'm using the standard debian
install...

I was mistaken : after verification I found the slapd debug log
in /var/log/debug.

And I'm getting plenty of activity on ldap queries, just not when trying to
add a new contact to the ldap server from evo.  Are you sure trying to add a
contact to the ldap server should generate activity at the point at which
you select the ldap server as the "Where".  Perhaps activity is only
generated when you click "Ok" (I can't get to that point since everything
gets greyed out)?

Even if a LDAP query fails, it does generate activity because the server
still has to check the query against its ACL before deciding that access
is not to be granted.