Re: Calendar UI (was Re: [Evolution] evo 2 )
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>
- To: Ron <ron ronsmits org>
- Cc: Xavier Bestel <n0made free fr>, Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>, jlwallen monkeypantz net, evolution <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: Calendar UI (was Re: [Evolution] evo 2 )
- Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:38:58 +0200
On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 10:54 +0200, Ron wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 01:00 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
you're lucky today, because I sent a patch today to fix that lag. So,
2.0.2 will probably contain that fix :)
Is this a patch towards the handling of the backend? see my post
regarding bringing evolution 2.0.0 to its knees with a large number of
events in a small time frame.
the patch reduces the number of queries run in the backend. We were
running a query for each object when expanding its recurrences, which
slowed things down a lot. Now, we only run queries when really needed.
The fix is on the client code, to reduce the number of queries started,
not on the backend.
It's the patch for #59904 sent yesterday:
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>
] [Thread Prev