Re: Calendar UI (was Re: [Evolution] evo 2 )

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 23:21 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Le lundi 27 septembre 2004 à 16:27 +0200, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 16:14 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
Le jeu 23/09/2004 à 22:40, Ron a écrit :

The current evolution 2 is UI wise close to perfect in my book. It is
logical, very well integrated with the different components and best of
all it just works. I would not be able anymore to live without it

I have some troubles with the calendar UI: in month view it's dead slow,
I can't scroll without at least half a second of lag, sometimes much
more. I've got pIII 1GHz, 1.5GB RAM. I'm using the Glider theme, but it
doesn't seem theme-dependant.
I'm suscribed to 3 webcals.

Has anyone observed this, or is this just me ?

evolution 2.0.1 should improve this a bit, so please test it ASAP and
let us know if you see improvement or not.

Well, effectively it improves things a bit. Now the lag is more
predictable; it's always 1/2 second when I scroll one page in the
calendar.

you're lucky today, because I sent a patch today to fix that lag. So,
2.0.2 will probably contain that fix :)

Still, as soon as I play a bit with the mousewheel, the half-seconds add
up to a really long delay (several seconds), all of Evo is frozen with
only the calendar scrollbar updating, and the CPU is pegged at 100%.
So I'd say it's in violent need for optimization.

let us know when you get 2.0.2 if things work correctly.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>