Re: [Evolution] IMAP filter question

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 04:31, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 17:34, John Schmidt wrote:
> I just switched to IMAP and filters aren't automatically working.
> Should I have to manually execute "Apply Filters" on new messages in
> my Inbox?
>
> I've re-created a couple of filters and I've turned on the  "Apply
> filters to new messages in INBOX on this server" option.  I thought
> that combination should do the trick but it doesn't.

The option should really say 'Apply filters to unseen messages....' -
and the "unseen" applies to all applications that read your inbox - so
if you access your imap account via another route (another MUA or even a
new mail notifier) then the messages are "seen" and the filters don't
apply.  Think of it another way - the messages in bold are "unread",
they aren't necessarily "new".

Pete

Thanks for that insight.  However my original problem still remains, that filters do not get executed automatically.  They work perfectly when I run them manually, so I think they're set up ok.

Is this behavior to be expected when using IMAP?