Re: [Evolution] 2.0 install / upgrade error / question

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 10:27, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le jeudi 23 septembre 2004 à 10:22 -0700, Thomas Spuhler a écrit :

On Thursday 23 September 2004 09:51 am, Lance wrote:
Running a 1.5.9.1 on a RedHat FC2 machine, now ready to go the 2.0
route.

successful compile of all needed components, yet when I start evo I get
an alarm popup telling me
Your system configuration does not match your Evolution configuration.
Click help for details
Why compile them yourself? I would try the RPM's from Mandrake. Mandrake is
very similar to RH. I use RH packages on MDK
Here is a link. This cooker is actually 10.1 community

ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main/

This is the best way to shoot yourself in the foot.

I know what you mean. But from my experience, it is still better to
install an rpm from another similar distro. If you get in trouble later
on you just uninstall it. If you compile it yourself, uninstall is a
little bit more tricky because at that time you usually don't remember
where all the files are and all the links you made.
But that is my personal opinion.

Tom