Re: [Evolution] 2.0 install / upgrade error / question

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 12:51 -0400, Lance wrote:
Running a 1.5.9.1 on a RedHat FC2 machine, now ready to go the 2.0
route.

successful compile of all needed components, yet when I start evo I get
an alarm popup telling me
Your system configuration does not match your Evolution configuration.
Click help for details

I looked at the help, chked / took care of steps 1,2 but on step 3 there
seems to be an issue.

strings `which oafd` | grep /oaf$ brings back /usr/share/oaf
the next step is to go to that directory and type ls -l
GNOME_Evolution_*.oaf.   I only show;
empty.oafinfo and OAF_naming-service.oaf.
oafd hasn't been used for years.  its called bonobo-activation-server now, and the files end in '.server'.

there is probably a problem with BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH not being set, installation issues, or you could try the old log out ; rm -rf /tmp/orbit-* ; restart thing.
Updating locate, the looking for anything GNOME_* shows nothing on the
machine NEwhere. Laslty, when started from a terminal, behind the error
popup, I get

e-error.c-WARNING **: No parent set, or default parent available for
error dialog
this is only a warning.

Any help is appreciated....
lr

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"