Re: [Evolution] Switching from Pop to IMAP

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 12:01, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:55, John Schmidt wrote:
> I'm forced to switch from Pop3 to IMAP.

That is a great decision.

> I've looked at the archives and have done the following:
>
> - Set server type to IMAP
> - Set "Using secure connection" to  Whenever Possible and Always, no
> difference
Is you IMAP server running?
There is a button under Authentication "Check for supported types".
Check if this results in telling you the type of authentication such as
"Password".

> - Under "Receiving Options" I set "Show only subscribed folders" to On
> - Under "Folder Subscriptions" I selected my IMAP server and
> subscribed to the INBOX
>
> The problem is that I can't get any new email.  When I go back to
> "Folder Subscriptions" it is always reset to "No server has been
> selected".  Whenever I select my server it's always reset back to the
> "no server...." setting.
>
> I'm running v1.4.6 on SuSE 9.1
>
> Any thoughts?

Problem solved: after exiting, doing a force-shutdown and re-opening it started working...  All is well.

Thanks,
John