[Evolution] Re: [connector] FW: Connector regression from Evo 1.4.x to 2.0?

%% Henrik Löwendahl-Nyrén <henrik lowendahl-nyren kib ki se> writes:

  hl> I think you could try using username domain instead of
  hl> domain/username.

Unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

I tried various usernames (domain\username, domain/username,
username domain) with the domain capitalized or lowercase (not sure if
the domain is case sensitive) with no better results: I still get the
same "cannot authenticate to server (password incorrect?)" error.

I have another colleague who is in the same boat: he can't get 2.0
working either (he has a Gentoo system).

I'm willing to put some effort into debugging this, I just need to know
where to go from here.  I tried enabling CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG but that
didn't give much help.  I can post the results if anyone is interested.
I tried enabling E2K_DEBUG=10 but that doesn't seem to have any effect
for connector itself.  I tried using it with ximian-connector-setup-2.0
but that app takes a whole different set of options and I didn't know
how to translate what I enter into the Evolution setup into this
application, so I don't know if what I used was anywhere close to
correct.

Just FMI, are there Evolution and esp. Connector programmers reading
this list?  I've been programming and debugging software for a lot of
years and I'm willing to do a bunch of grunt work on this, but I'd
appreciate some tips from the experts, to get me started with a few
techniques or pointers.

Also, if there are any known issues with different versions (such as do
you need the latest gnutls, etc.) I'd be very interested to know about
it.  And finally, if there are any thoughts from the experts as to why
the 1.4.7.x version of the connector works fine but this one doesn't,
that seems like a very good clue... we should be looking at connector
requirements or areas that changed between the 1.4.7.x release and the
Evolution 2.0 release.

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools