Re: [Evolution] Switching from Pop to IMAP

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:55, John Schmidt wrote:
I'm forced to switch from Pop3 to IMAP.

That is a great decision.

I've looked at the archives and have done the following:

- Set server type to IMAP
- Set "Using secure connection" to  Whenever Possible and Always, no
difference
Is you IMAP server running?
There is a button under Authentication "Check for supported types".
Check if this results in telling you the type of authentication such as
"Password".

- Under "Receiving Options" I set "Show only subscribed folders" to On
- Under "Folder Subscriptions" I selected my IMAP server and
subscribed to the INBOX

The problem is that I can't get any new email.  When I go back to
"Folder Subscriptions" it is always reset to "No server has been
selected".  Whenever I select my server it's always reset back to the
"no server...." setting.

I'm running v1.4.6 on SuSE 9.1

Any thoughts?

John