Re: [Evolution] setting font size in message list / folder list? (1.5.93 / Slackware)

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 19:02 +0000, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 20:30 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 01.09.2004, 19:30 +0000 schrieb Jules Richardson:
I've just got Evo 1.5.93 running on Slackware - the only issue being
that the font size for the message list and folder list is a little on
the large size.

Just for the records, I just ditched Red Hat 9 on the client machine in
favour of Slackware 10 (still running Evo 1.5 from the server machine)
and suddenly everything works as expected!

It would seem that - at least for some apps such as Evolution -
something is a little broken when the remote display isn't running the
same OS/desktop environment as the server machine. Looking at usenet
archives, it seems that Evo and Mozilla are the main culprits though,
and most apps work just fine regardless of what the remote display
environment is running and do adhere to font settings on the server.

I must admit I would expect Evo to pick up settings such as font details
from the machine on which it's run and *not* the machine hosting the
remote display - and indeed now that I'm running Slackware 10 on the
client machine that's what's happening (i.e. I run gnome-font-properties
on the server machine which I run Evo from to change fonts, not the
desktop/remote display machine)

That sounds suspiciously like a bug to me (whether in Evo or Gnome I
don't know) as surely it should either always work regardless of what
the client X environment is, or never work - not this case where it only
works when the two environments are the same...

cheers,

Jules
(puzzled, but happy now :-)

--
"We've had a lot of loonies around this place, but you're the first one
who thought the sunrise was made out of stale beer. Now are you going to