Re: [Evolution] How to use evolution again? Flood of alarm windows necessitates system hard reset.

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 13:27 -0700, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:06 -0400, Chris Metzler wrote:
I'm in a similar state now; I haven't run Evolution in a couple of
months because of being away.  I'd like to start using it as my
calendaring app again.  How do I prevent the flood of alarm
announcements at startup?  I've googled for some sort of a manual
that will tell me either about command line options or about how
to manually edit configuration files,

Do this:
$-> date +'%s'

Take the resultant string, edit
~/.gconf/apps/evolution/calendar/notify/%gconf.xml and modify the
"last_notification_time" line to use that string for mtime and value.

Or you can take that date string and use gconf-editor.  Drill down to
apps->evolution->calendar->notify and change the value for
"last_notification_time" there.

This should be fixed in 2.0 by the way.

-JP
--