Re: [Evolution] How to use evolution again? Flood of alarm windows necessitates system hard reset.

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:06 -0400, Chris Metzler wrote:
I use Evolution (on Linux) as my calendaring app -- when I'm home,
that is.

Earlier this year, I was away from home for a couple of months.
When I got back and fired up Evolution, I suddenly started getting
hundreds -- *hundreds* -- of tiny windows on my screen . . .alarm
notifications from all the events in my calendar that had passed
over that two months.  The load caused the system to slow to a crawl
-- so slow that I couldn't do anything to stop the process.  I ended
up having to hit the reset button because I couldn't even switch to
a virtual console to kill Evolution.

Set /apps/evolution/calendar/notify/last_notification_time to some
reasonable time_t value.  We've fixed this in 2.0 (we believe) as well.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.