Re: [Evolution] Two problems; zombie and no sound alerts

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 16:14, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 16:07 +0200, Timm Riesen wrote:
Concerning sound:

I tried it with both, esd running manually, and in auto-spawn mode.
Esd is working fine ("esdplay somesound.wav works perfectly") with both
variants, but evolution is still not willing to play a sound, when e new
mail arrives.

then not sure what's going on.

New mail notification has never worked for me -- not ever. Been using
Evolution since pre 1.0, on many different distributions. Always run it
within GNOME -- used to be within Ximian Desktop. Sound works otherwise,
esd is running, and all other GNOME applications work fine. I can get
Evolution to play a sound as the result of a filter, but the new mail
notification has never worked. I filed a bug report but Jeff closed it
because he couldn't reproduce the problem, regardless of how much
information I gave him. I don't believe I am the only one who has
experienced this.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com