Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Sylpheed-claws to Evolution 2.0

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:31 +0100, Gonçalo Marrafa wrote:
Hi there.

I have been using Sylpheed-claws for 2-3 years and have a lot of mail (about 1 GB) in MH format. I've tried Evolution 2.0 and liked it.

I've poked around but i've found no way of importing my MH mail. Evolution insists on storing the mailboxes in mbox format. The only way i found to access my mail was to create a MH account, but with that i cannot fecth my POP3 mail.
Uh huh?

You're already half-way there.

Just create a pop account now, and set a filter to copy all mail to the mh inbox as the 'default inbox', if that matters.

I recommend you don't use mh format though, since mh format is a poor format.

I would like to know if there is a (n easy) way of importing all my mail and KEEP IT in MH format (i personally hate mbox!)?

By the way, if someone knows a way of also importing the filter rules (i can import the address book through an LDIF) it would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Gonçalo Marrafa <gjm uevora pt>
--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"