[Evolution] address book related hang?

I had been using evolution pretty smoothly.

Suddenly, evolution would hang every time I started it up.  It would
never finish scanning folders.

So I mv'd ~/evolution{,.old}, and then I could run evolution again.

However, I missed my previous, rather large address book.  So I did:

 1011  cat addressbook-sources.xml
 1012  cp vfolders.xml ~/evolution/.
 1013  cp local/Contacts/addressbook.db* ../evolution/Contacts/.

...but I still wasn't getting my usual, large addressbook.

So I went to another system I used to run evo on, that has a pretty
similar address book, ran evolution-export-addressbook, and imported
that into my troubled evo.

And immediately, evo started hanging.

I evolution --force-shutdown'd, and restarted it, and then it was fine,
but I still didn't have my nice, large address book.

What do I need to do to get my old address book back?

Thanks!