Re: [Evolution] 2.0.2 and the Debian network

On Oct 28, 2004 08:24 AM, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

Well the full log perhaps (stdout and stderr, script is useful)

Like this?

#!/bin/bash
# This is evo.sh - an evo replacement to catch STDOUT && STDERR

# environment stuff
DEBUG=/tmp/evo.debug.log
#PATH=/usr/bin:${PATH}
#GNOME_PATH=/opt/gnome
#LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gnome/lib:/opt/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH GNOME_PATH PATH

Date=`/bin/date +%m.%d.%Y %H:%M`
echo "---[ $Date ]---------------------------------------------------"
$DEBUG
echo "Starting EVOLUTION as user $USER ..." >>$DEBUG
echo "Path: $PATH" >>$DEBUG

exec /usr/bin/evolution-2.0 >>$DEBUG 2>&1

...and what you did to generate it...

$ evolution --force-shutdown
$ CAMEL_DEBUG=all ./evo.sh

The Error dialogue says "The Application "evolution-2.0" has quit
unexpectedly." and gives me the option to restart. When I click "Restart
Application," nothing happens. Re-running the script and Restarting the
Application causes the Evolution window to open on the third try.
Navigating to the local Inbox I display the Welcome message. The status
messages at the bottom (when I click on "Loading..." underneath
"Openexchange," my IMAP server) say `Scanning folders in "IMAP server
ned.hgeng.com" (...)' after which I Cancel (`Evolution Error: Error
while Scanning folders in "IMAP server ned.hgeng.com".: Success.') and
Exit. This is done from a new account on my Linux box (so ~/.evolution
was created from scratch); the ~/.evolution in my regular account has
many megabytes of converted email folders which display correctly, but
the server issues are the same.

Mike