Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Sylpheed-claws to Evolution 2.0

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:31 +0100, Gonçalo Marrafa wrote:
Hi there.

I have been using Sylpheed-claws for 2-3 years and have a lot of
mail (about 1 GB) in MH format. I've tried Evolution 2.0 and
liked it.

I've poked around but i've found no way of importing my MH mail.

Sylpheed lets you export email into mbox format.

Evo lets you import mbox files.

No problem!

Evolution insists on storing the mailboxes in mbox format. The
only way i found to access my mail was to create a MH account,
but with that i cannot fecth my POP3 mail.

The way that Evo locally stores email has nothing to do with
how it gets that email.

In Evo, define a mail account that stores email using MH, and
receives email using POP.

Then, import the mbox files that you exported from Sylpheed.

I would like to know if there is a (n easy) way of importing all
my mail and KEEP IT in MH format (i personally hate mbox!)?

See above.

By the way, if someone knows a way of also importing the filter
rules (i can import the address book through an LDIF) it would
be great!

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

Why do so few (American) parents teach manners to their Children
anymore?