Re: [Evolution] 2.0.2 and the Debian network

Well the full log perhaps (stdout and stderr, script is useful), and what you did to generate it.  i.e. 'i started evolution, and it never got past scanning the imap server and then i quite', or whatever is appropriate.

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 05:38 -0400, Michael Hill wrote:
On Oct 28, 2004 12:38 AM, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

> I dunno you don't have much of the log there, e.g. no clue as to why
> it would be looping.

I want it to prompt me for the password, but I guess that only results
from a successful negotiation with the IMAP server.

> As for sending mail, maybe you don't have smtp (smtps if you're using
> ssl) in /etc/services, but i'm not sure on that one. Again there is
> not
> enough log to tell what's going on.

How can I generate more pertinent information?

It's probably not very helpful to say the same settings worked
flawlessly with 1.4. The SMTP server is a separate (still pingable)
machine.

Thanks,

Mike