Re: [Evolution] new feature request

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 20:07 +1300, Russell Fulton wrote:
HI Folks,
      I would like a new special folder type: templates, which behaves just
like drafts but the messages don't get deleted when they are sent.  I
end up sending lots of very standard emails that I keep in the drafts
folder, every so often I forget to undelete the message after I send it
and it gets expunged.

I notice Thunderbird has this feature (but in many other respects has a
long way to go before it catches up with evolution).

Hmmm... if you want to take this feature further you could allow
embedding of variable in the message and then when the message is opened
you get a form where you fill in the variables.

Wouldn't that be better served by a shell/python/perl script that
passes the customized text-stream to /usr/bin/mail?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come."
Carl Sandburg
Oh, come on. Sure they will. That's what testosterone is for...