Re: [Evolution] new feature request

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 20:55, Ron Johnson wrote:

Hmmm... if you want to take this feature further you could allow
embedding of variable in the message and then when the message is opened
you get a form where you fill in the variables.

Wouldn't that be better served by a shell/python/perl script that
passes the customized text-stream to /usr/bin/mail?

Possibly, but it is a common requirement and I would like to have it
tied into my main mail processing environment (address book etc).  I
understand that evolutions is moving to plugin type extensions and this
would be a candidate for that.

--
Russell Fulton, Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand