Re: [Evolution] Evo splitting messages in odd ways

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 11:40 -0500, Alex S Moore wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 12:25 -0400, Norman P. B. Joseph wrote:
> Thanks for that pointer.  As it turns out, the user who was also now
> showing the symptoms had recently moved his mail spool from an old
> SGI/IRIX host to my mail spool host, which is running Solaris.  I just
> checked the sendmail.cf file on the Sun box and found that it does
> appear to be using the Content-Length method rather than the "From "
> method to delineate messages.  I'll change this option and observe the
> behavior, but this explanation does seem to tie up all the loose ends I
> was holding.  I expect this will fix it.  Thanks for that insight.

P.S.  There is a configure option for evolution to turn off this
behavior.  From my experiences, building evolution with that option will
fix the problem.  I think it is --with-broken-spool=yes

Cool, nice to see this option actually and still works.  I never had a solaris box to test it on.

We should probably make it a run-time option rather than a compile time one at some point, although it would be so much better if solaris just fixed their sendmail.

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"