Re: [Evolution] howto do junk?

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 11:17 -0500, Eric Lambart wrote:

What you say here seems to imply that you had some spam filtering
enabled with Evo versions < 1.5 (1.5 being the pre-release versions of
2.0) ??  If so, maybe you have older spam filtering set up, which is
interfering with Evo 2.x's own filtering?

yup as I have been following evo for a long long time I cannot even
remember when I started using spamassassin for it.

One thing I'd do is make sure the spamassassin daemon is running in the
background.  Go to your shell prompt and type "ps -aef | grep spam".
You should see something like this:
[~]$ ps -aef | grep spam
root       858     1  0 09:05 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -L
ron       2535  2491  0 11:11 pts/9    00:00:00 grep spam

It's running and it's eating CPU like nothing before. This is one thing
that really bothers me. Filtering a measly 100 mails takes 7 minutes. I
timed it.

The only change on the system is the switch from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 I have
not even tried to go to 2.0.2

I'd also check to make sure you don't have any filters which use the
"Junk Test".  I use such filters with no problem, but you may have one
that is interfering, or causing spam to remain in (or return to) your
INBOX.  Just a thought.

done that. nothing wrong there

Ron
--