Re: [Evolution] Multiple Copies of Messages

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 12:40 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 09:27 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 12:58 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
This is entirely reasonable in some circumstances. I do it myself with
one POP account because I want to keep an archive of that mail on a home
machine but still be able to check new mail from the office.

Not everyone uses mail the same way.
Its actually quite an abuse of the pop protocol, like normal post
offices, you don't store all your mail there and read it once in a
while, its just a drop-point for picking it up.

The same argument could apply to IMAP. Note that I'm only leaving it on
the server when *not* reading from a designated machine.

No.  While POP is the Post Office Protocol (perfectly described by
NZ), IMAP is an Access Protocol.  The email is designed to stay
"in" the IMAP server.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start with, and
becoming increasingly difficult to be productive as time went on,
and if something went wrong very difficult to fix, compared to
linux's large over head setting up and learning the system with
ease of use and the increase in productivity becoming larger the
longer I use the system."
Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands