Re: [Evolution] Multiple Copies of Messages
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
- Cc: Ron Johnson <ron l johnson cox net>, dsf <evolution lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Multiple Copies of Messages
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:27:11 +0800
On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 12:58 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
This is entirely reasonable in some circumstances. I do it myself with
one POP account because I want to keep an archive of that mail on a home
machine but still be able to check new mail from the office.
Not everyone uses mail the same way.
Its actually quite an abuse of the pop protocol, like normal post offices, you don't store all your mail there and read it once in a while, its just a drop-point for picking it up.
But whatever, people want to do it, and it should basically work even if it isn't terribly ideal.
] [Thread Prev