Re: [Evolution] POP expunging very slow

On Wed, 2004-10-11 at 14:16 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
There is actually no reason they should be slow, unless your server
doesn't support the PIPELINING extension (which it advertises when you
logon), and in which case everything else will be slow too.

Well, ok, I'm an idiot. Silly me assuming PIPELINING was working...
until I manually connected, issued a CAPA and got ERR back. Lovely.

No PIPELINING pop3, no concurrent IMAP connections. Jeesh. Time to
change hosting providers.

[Since I'm going to be moving to a box that I'm going to be sysadmining,
I'd like to ask, in your experience, what is a reliable pop3 server
would be to select?]

Thanks Michael,

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie
Principal

Helping you succeed at flawlessly executing Massive
Changes and Upgrades to your Mission Critical Systems
http://www.operationaldynamics.com/services/procedures/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London