[Evolution] POP expunging very slow

Hey,

So last month I switched from IMAP to POP to take advantage of the
pipelining inherent in POP3. It's been working well, and is definitely
faster given the high latency links I'm on.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that expunging (as evolution calls
it, ie NOT leaving messages on server, ie DELE commands issued at the
end of a fetch mail run) is *really* slow.

I assume they are lockstep and one-at-a-time so probably there's
"nothing we can do about it" but I figured I should tell you. Like 4-5
minutes to remove a day's worth of email from the server.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers

Australia: +61 2 9977 6866  North America: +1 646 472 5054

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/