Re: [Evolution] Future of Evolution

Ooooh, advanced email analyst... I want that job mommy. ;^)

Lol, yea that sould like it would pay alot!

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Job 317 wrote:
If this is true then you have provided the single most helpful answer to
my initial inquiry. I shall look more into how other email clients do
this. Perhaps a more skilled e-mail analyst might be able to tell the
difference between a truly bounced e-mail and an email bounced
artificially from an e-mail client.

I'm jumping in here at the end, skipped most the thread because this is a
FAQ that's been beat to death before.

But some common sense here dude.  Don't you think if you could tell forged
emails from the real ones spam like this wouldn't be a problem?  Do you
think every email sysadmin is a lazy bastard and justs leave the
"AllowForgedSpam" toggle on?

I suggest you take a moment and read up on what is know as an 'RFC' on the
smtp protocol and email format.  But the bottom line is the same, if you
wanna "bounce spam" you're part of the problem, not the solution.

If you really want it, you've got the source.  Submit a patch.