Re: [Evolution] Final Leap

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 12:44 -0400, Wise, Jeremey wrote:
Ok, I have used evolution for several weeks now as my production system.
I just received my new laptop and finished installing SuSE 9.0 on it and
have a few questions and looking for direction.

1) SuSE 9.0 has EVO 1.4 support. Is 1.5x worth the jump or a better way
to put it.. is it stable enough for a person of reasonable technical
savy-ishness?
[...]

I can't speak to running 1.5.x under SuSE, but I have had no problems to
speak of running 1.5.7 under Mandrake 10.1 cooker.  Keep in mind,
however, that if you use the summary page you'll lose that in the
upgrade, as it's no longer part of the program (no weather, no news
feeds, etc.).  There are still some features which are common amongst
e-mail clients that Evo doesn't have, but IMO it's the best of what's
currently available on the Linux side of things.
--
Chuck MATTSEN / mattsen arvig net / Mahnomen, MN / RLU #346519
Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Cooker) for i586 kernel 2.6.3-9mdk

Patience; n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.