OT Re: [Evolution] Spell Check -KDE Evolution SuSE 9.0

I find it interesting because I have come to XD2 BECAUSE Novell bought Ximian.......

I am a Novell network admin, running bunch of Win desktops, looking at Linux as an alternative.
Generally really like SuSe 9.0 with XD2 ontop, and whilst KDE was instant favourite I find the more I use XD2 the more I like Gnome....go figure

2 things from KDE I really miss, and hence have a launcher for Konqueror on my XD2 desktop....
1) select and RPM, Konqueror shows you what is inside and offers a buton saying "Install with Yast" - would like a Red Carpet equivalent in Gnome
2) browse in Konqueror to folder of choice and Ctrl-T or right click to "Open Terminal Here" - the single most useful thing I have found in KDE which Gnome/XD2 doesn't do

if these are new in Gnome 2.6 apologies.....

now, if only I could get a few Windows apps to run on Wine/Xover I would have a winner....

keep up the good work

Simon

>>> Not Zed <notzed ximian com> 05/05/2004 04:54:25 >>>

Thats EASY, and should be pretty obvious:
  1. Novell really only just bought SUSE.  It takes a while to integrate products.  Ximian too is a pretty new purchase in that context (e.g. integration with Novell's other desktop products).
  2. SUSE is a full-on KDE system, with some GNOME.
  3. Ximian is a full-on GNOME system, with no KDE.
  4. Printing, spelling, application launching are all very core parts of what a "desktop" actually is.
  5. Time fixes all hurts.