[Evolution] Gentoo, Evolution 1.4.5 & 'Wrap Lines'?

Hi All,

I've recently recompiled several things on my Gentoo box, including

Almost everything works just fine.  However, the 'Wrap Lines' menu item
on the format menu of a message composition window has been disabled.

Any ideas why?  It's a real shame, as this is a key sequence I used to
used quite often in the previous version of evolution.

Is there an easy fix, or is this an FAQ?  If so, I'd be grateful for a
pointer to where this is discussed.