[Evolution] Gentoo, Evolution 1.4.5 & 'Wrap Lines'?

Hi All,

I've recently recompiled several things on my Gentoo box, including
Evolution.

Almost everything works just fine.  However, the 'Wrap Lines' menu item
on the format menu of a message composition window has been disabled.

Any ideas why?  It's a real shame, as this is a key sequence I used to
used quite often in the previous version of evolution.

Is there an easy fix, or is this an FAQ?  If so, I'd be grateful for a
pointer to where this is discussed.

Thanks!

-Ken