Re: [Evolution] HTML mail

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 06:26 +0200, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
>> I have a very simple question:  where is the configuration
>> option to turn on and adjust 'word wrap'?

>Switch to text/plain (Composer: Format / [] HTML)... ;-)

I think I posted something about this  a long time ago.
In contacts, there is an option on the contact wants to receive HTML
mail. It would be very neat if there was an option to select:
Contact does not want to receive HTML mail.
One option is enough.  Actually thats how it is handled in the code anyay.  Its like "they don't care if they receive html", and if not set it means "they dont want to receive HTML", and it warns you if you try to send such a mail to such a person.  There's no use having another option for this.  The actual option imo is pretty archaic anyway, just to cater for the bsd/mailx using set, and others still stuck in the 80's (alhough many spam filters pick up html mail too).

Evo could then perhaps intelligently switch between html and plain text
when sending.
*shrug*

There's the global option to tell it to alwyas use html, or always use text.  I think that's more than sufficient - its really the for the authors benefit anyway, not the receivers.

Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>

Ximian Evolution and Free Software Developer

Novell, Inc.