Re: [Evolution] Can't connect to my IMAP folders suddenly?

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 08:22, Paul Smith wrote:
%% Not Zed <notzed ximian com> writes:

  nz> Well the log shows it quite clearly.
  nz> "you do not have permission to log on".
  nz> Clearly something has changed on the server.

Yes, but as I mentioned my fetchmail setup, which hasn't changed at all,
still works just fine.  Why can fetchmail log in properly but Evo can't?
So, it doesn't seem at all clear to me that something on the server
changed.

Also, Evo works _sometimes_, for a few hours or even a day.  Then I'll
get a message saying it couldn't log in, and when I try to log back in
it will fail for a few hours (meanwhile, as I say, fetchmail continues
to work perfectly all this time, connecting every 10 seconds).  Then
finally Evo will work again.  For a while.

I don't know how the Exchange IMAP server works, but certainly some IMAP
servers get very confused if you have two connections - to such an
extent that one I use will refuse a second connection if a user has
another IMAP session already active.   Can you disable your fetchmail to
see if that is a problem.

{And if one of my users was connecting every 10 seconds to check mail,
they would have their username disabled!  Do you really receive new mail
at that rate?}

P.

--
Pete Biggs :{)       pete physchem ox ac uk     pete biggs chem ox ac uk
  Phone: 01865 275490 (Work)    01865 275410 (Fax)     pete biggs org uk