Re: [Evolution] Can't connect to my IMAP folders suddenly?

%% Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> writes:

  pb> I don't know how the Exchange IMAP server works, but certainly
  pb> some IMAP servers get very confused if you have two connections -
  pb> to such an extent that one I use will refuse a second connection
  pb> if a user has another IMAP session already active.

I thought about that but first it worked fine for over a year and second
the fetchmail _never_ fails.  It's only the Evo connection that fails.
I guess they could have done something on the server recently to change
this behavior.

  pb> Can you disable your fetchmail to see if that is a problem.

I can't find any direct correlation so far.  I'll keep it in mind.

  pb> {And if one of my users was connecting every 10 seconds to check
  pb> mail, they would have their username disabled!  Do you really
  pb> receive new mail at that rate?}

Yep... I'm on a lot of very active mailing lists.  I just checked and in
June I received 23,356 emails, and that's not counting either the stuff
that Evo handles (I only archive the mail I get through fetchmail) or
spam, as we have a really excellent spam filtering system set up.
Obviously I get most of my mail during business hours, so it comes in
pretty quickly during that time.

I was very happy getting all my mail delivered directly to my system via
smtp, but corporate policy forced me to start using an Exchange server
with IMAP, and a mailbox with a restricted size.  So, I connect very
often to check my mail.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools