Re: [Evolution] Can't connect to my IMAP folders suddenly?

%% Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com> writes:

  js> try setting the environment variable CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG to 1 and
  js> then running evolution. This will dump IMAP protocol spewage to
  js> stderr.

This is a good tip, but unfortunately it's not helpful in my situation
:-/.

While the IMAP protocal spewage does get dumped to stderr, they elide
the critical aspects (my username and password):

  received: * OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2657.74 (my.exchange.host) ready
  sending : A00000 CAPABILITY
  received: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
  received: A00000 OK CAPABILITY completed.
  sending : A00001 LOGIN xxx xxx
  received: A00001 NO You do not have permission to log on.

(note the "LOGIN xxx xxx"--this is literally what Evo prints)

While I understand the security implications of printing this
information in the log, the elision makes this output useless to me as a
debugging tool, since I have no idea what might have been sent so I
can't determine why it's not working.

Can I set anything else to force this information to be printed (maybe
using a higher number of verbosity on the debug?)

I also tried to strace -p to try to see what is being sent but I can't
figure out which of the myriad PIDs Evo uses I should be tracing :-/.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith nortelnetworks com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools