Re: [Evolution] Exchange IMAP Usage

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 09:00, Dan McGinn-Combs wrote:
In a quick search of the list archives, I found a way to configure
evolution to query the active directory as LDAP (of course, it didn’t
work for me, but that’s a different story!). I have a couple of other
questions that perhaps can be answered here as well, though:

1)       I have two accounts: one POP3 and one IMAP4 (the exchange
server). I have set up the POP3 account to deliver to “Local Folders”
and the IMAP to deliver to another folder set. I would like to
drag-n-drop messages from the POP3 INBOX into the IMAP INBOX
(especially in bulk) because I keep ALL my mail on the Exchange
server. However, in the last tests I found that either a) the messages
were removed from the POP3 INBOX but never moved into the IMAP INBOX
or b) the move suddenly hung on a message and (even after waiting for
20 minutes) never completed. In either case, I lost the POP mail.

this works fine for me (altho I'm not using Exchange IMAP, I'm using a
free software imap server)

Maybe it's an Exchange bug? (*prays*)

2)       Related is the fact that occasionally, evolution will just
hang on a message as if waiting for something and never return.

if you could get a backtrace of this, it'd be great.

gdb evolution
(gdb) run

when it 'hangs' trying to fetch a message, hit Ctrl-C and then do:

(gdb) thread apply all bt

it's probably waiting on some network i/o or something.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.