[Evolution] Exchange IMAP Usage

In a quick search of the list archives, I found a way to configure evolution to query the active directory as LDAP (of course, it didn’t work for me, but that’s a different story!). I have a couple of other questions that perhaps can be answered here as well, though:

1)       I have two accounts: one POP3 and one IMAP4 (the exchange server). I have set up the POP3 account to deliver to “Local Folders” and the IMAP to deliver to another folder set. I would like to drag-n-drop messages from the POP3 INBOX into the IMAP INBOX (especially in bulk) because I keep ALL my mail on the Exchange server. However, in the last tests I found that either a) the messages were removed from the POP3 INBOX but never moved into the IMAP INBOX or b) the move suddenly hung on a message and (even after waiting for 20 minutes) never completed. In either case, I lost the POP mail.

2)       Related is the fact that occasionally, evolution will just hang on a message as if waiting for something and never return.

Can anyone either shed light on either of these problems (suggesting solutions) or tell me how I should go about discerning where the particular error is?

Thanks,

Dan

---

Dan McGinn-Combs