Re: [Evolution] PGP and Evolution

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:55 +0100, Job 317 wrote:
So what's the answer here. I had a simlar question yesterday. Are we
supposed to just accept the fact that Outlook with PGP and Evolution
with GPG don't play well together?

Outlook is broken.

That said, someone is working on a patch to allow Evolution to send clearsigned text bodies instead of following the IETF Standards for sending PGP signed email. However, it is a fair bit of work and he needs to finish the patch by Monday or it won't make it into 2.0.

I actually fail to see why people aren't complaining to Microsoft and/or NAi to fix their software to comply with the internet standards for this stuff. I mean, you are paying for their stuff, you aren't paying for Evolution :-)

Jeff

JOB

On  8-Jan-2004 18:59:16 +0100, you wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 06:17, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > > There's a problem with GnuGP and Evolution: when I send a mail to
> > > friend, and this friend uses Outlook, the mail appears empty.
> > > What can I do?
> >
> > hi pablo,
> >
> > evolution uses pgp/mime, means that the signature is attached as a
seperate
> > file ("signature.asc") to the message and that it is not put into
the body of
> > the message ("inline").
> > micros~1 outlook and outlook express do not display your email
"normally",
> > but put your entire email into an attachment named "ATT00002.txt" or
something
> > like this - perhaps your friend did not see the attachment (can
happen very
> > quickly when using outlook, imho).
> >
> > it seems that there doesn't exist another solution than whether not
signing
> > your outgoing emails by evolution or your recipient's using another
> > standards-supporting email program or complaining to micros~1...
> >
> > take a look into the archives at

<http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2002-December/024141.
html> or

<http://www.mail-archive.com/evolution lists ximian com/msg00420.html>,