Re: [Evolution] autoconfiguration

What I would suggest would be to configure a default Evolution install for a test account

each user will need:

- a copy of ~/.evolution
- a copy of ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/*

however, you will need to modify some keys for each user, such as:

/apps/evolution/addressbook/sources
/apps/evolution/calendar/sources
/apps/evolution/mail/accounts

for the addressbook and calendar sources, you will need to modify the file:// uri to be that of the user's true home directory rather than the template's home directory

for mailer, you'll need to change:

- account name (defaults to the user's email address, but you can use any string you want)
- user's full name
- user's email address
- user's reply-to address (if specified)
- user's login name in the <url> tags (send & receive urls)

you could probably do it all with a sed script

Jeff

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 22:22 +0100, Aurelus wrote:

Op za 14-02-2004, om 21:53 schreef Aurelus:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently setting up several workstations at my university (with
> Gnome+Evolution, under Gentoo), and I'd like to configure the system in
> such a way that Evolution works without configuration by the user. It's
> very easy to deduct the e-mail address from the username.
> Is there a way to make such a skeleton configuration? I couldn't find it
> in the documentation. Thank you in advance for any help.

Nobody? Does anybody know whether it's possible at all, or where I can
try to find an answer? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Aurelus

--
10CC8058662213582D1FBB53E8A42F9BC8AA87F1