Re: [Evolution] Changing fonts

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 13:55, Trey Sizemore wrote:
On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 19:06, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
<snip>

- make sure you have gnome control center installed
- install gconf-editor (kind of a "regedit" for gnome - allows you to
make changes without running gnome - since doing that may hijack your
desktop, screen saver, etc.)
- run gconf-editor and change the following
  * desktop->gnome->background->draw_background (uncheck)
  * apps->gnome_settings_daemon->start_screensaver   (uncheck)
  * apps->nautilus->preferences->show_desktop   (uncheck)
  * I also had to mess with some gnome settings like dots per
    inch, mouse settings, keyboard repeat, etc. to prevent the gnome
    daemon from changing my KDE settings.
- run gnome-font-properties to set your fonts (it will start the
settings daemon)

Do the above steps need to be performed if I have my settings are as I
like them already in Gnome?

You'll want to uncheck the background and show_desktop or when the
gnome-settings-daemon starts up, you'll loose your KDE desktop.  And if
GNOME starts the screensaver then the KDE one will get messed up also.

Lonnie