Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer

I might do that as a workaround. Which locale has an LC_TIME giving the
date in English and uses 24 hour format?

LC_TIME=en_GB

Like I already mentioned in this thread. For more details please see an
earlier post by me:

  http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-April/036582.html

This will give the date in English and uses 24 hour format, rather than
AM/PM. So this is the solution to your last questions, no? However, this
is not the answer to your previous (see above) question...

This is really mad. If I want to have 24 hour time format I would for
other appliactions (like emacs VM) choose this by the settings. This is
not the case for Evolution. If I start Evolution from the Applications
menu I would never dream of having to set the LC_TIME from a terminal to
get a decent time format...

No.

Evolution is part of the official Gnome Desktop. One of it's aims are a
consistent UI. Evolution should display the date exactly like any other
Gnome application.

If you want 24 hour time format, set the locales accordingly for the
whole Desktop. And Evolution magically will behave just like you expect
it.

FWIW, I mentioned the explicit way of setting LC_TIME only, to be
verbose and giving detailed information. To make you and others
understand, which variable in a traditional Unix/Linux environment
controls this particular behavior, how to set it, and how to adjust it
on a per app basis if you want to. You don't need to.

...guenther