Re: [Evolution] Comments and questions on the Evolution mailer

1. Is it possible to remove attachments, to save disk space?
no
Is this hard to implement? In Emacs VM the removed attachement name
remains in the original mail.

We already had this discussion in the past. IIRC removing attachments is
considered "evil", cause it alters the original (received) mail and
therefore isn't the original one any longer. Which effectively means,
the Message-Id must not stay the same...

3. Sort and find unread mails. Moving to next unread mail seems to be
possible with . and ], but I have not found an meny entry. Furthermore,
Tried looking in the view->goto menu?
Found it thanks. I tried to right-click on in the message list area and
found nothing there. Also no main menu icons are visible, only previous
and next. Is this customisable?

"Main menu"? Are you talking about the toolbar?

Anyway, most of this is customizable -- well, kind of at least, if you
are root. ;-)

If you want some extra buttons in the toolbar or custom accelerator
(keyboard shortcuts), please mention them specifically. Almost
everything is possible. Yes, without rebuilding Evolution. Maybe I can
come up with a custom hack yet again...

how to sort mails so that the unread mails are last or first in the
message list area. Sorting in cronological order is made impossible with
the default way of showing the date/time of messages. At least it does
not result in the correct sorting order...
Try clicking on the message status icon column.  Or doing a complex
sort via a custom view.
Thanks. However, right-clicking on sort ascending/descending in the date
column does _not_ give the correct sort order, for example Mon and
Yesterday entries are mixed, and today is Wednesday...

This works for me and I believe everyone else. Did you enable View /
Threaded Message List by any chance?

Without Threading enabled, sorting works just fine. With Threading
enabled, the root nodes of threads are sorted -- any mail which is part
of a thread but not the first one sure isn't sorted, cause this simply
cannot be done at all while displaying threads.

If it doesn't work for you, please give us an real life example and
maybe the data necessary to reproduce.

4. Replying without including the message text (except to remove all
text manually)
File a feature request I guess.  That isn't a reply anyway, since
reply implies you have content to reply to.
How do I do that?

http://bugzilla.ximian.com

File a "bug" with priority Whishlist.

...guenther