Re: [Evolution] lost pop3 password

Le mercredi 29 dÃcembre 2004 Ã 06:27 -0600, Ron Johnson a Ãcrit :
On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 17:14 +0500, emnej wrote:
I forgot the pop3 password of one of my email accounts. It's still
stored in Evolution 1.4 but in an encrypted form. Is there any way to
decrypt it?

Shame on anyone who tells you.

Shame on me then .. a way that will work with all pop3 mailers: just spy
the internet connexion (with a tool like ethereal) and you'll see your
cleartext password. Then wonder if your ISP doesn't offer you something
more secure than po3 (especially when you plug your laptop in a foreign
LAN).

Call up your ISP and have them change it.

Not always possible.

        Xav