Re: [Evolution] lost pop3 password

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 06:27 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 17:14 +0500, emnej wrote:
I forgot the pop3 password of one of my email accounts. It's still
stored in Evolution 1.4 but in an encrypted form. Is there any way to
decrypt it?

Shame on anyone who tells you.

Why that ? Anyone can look at the source to determine where the hash is
stored and what algorithm is used, and then brute force it. Since that
requires access to the user's ~/.evolution this is pretty harmless
knowledge since anyone who got as far as copying that directory already
has the user's mail. I fail to see how slowing down the dissemination of
this piece of knowledge will really help anyone.

But that said, everyone is still free to tell or not to tell...