[Evolution] evolution and palm

Just a quick farewell to you all. I gave Evolution my best (under Ubuntu). For me, reliable synching to a Palm Pilot (an M505, in my case) is absolutely necessary. I ran across, in 2.0, most of the same problems that drove me away from 1.2 some years ago. Plus some new ones!

Just for the record:

1. Categories don't come over for my extensive contact list. This would cost me hours of work I've already done.

2. Evolution some times DELETED my /dev/pilot file after a Palm sync.

3. Unpredictably (at least to me), I would get in excess of 8,000 duplicated, blank, priority 3 To Dos. I could delete the duplicate entries through dedupe (requiring another download -- pilot-link), but they came back maybe three or four syncs later.

4. I seem, about every four syncs or so, to have to run killev, kill gpilotd, then restart Evolution to get it to sync again. This when /dev/pilot would disappear.

Used ONLY as a PC-based organization tool, Evolution is a stunning, complete tool for contact, time management, and email. And it's possible, of course, that these problems results from some unique characteristic of my combination of hardware. But JPilot continues to work, first time, every time, with no surprises. So it's back to old faithful.

Best of luck to you all.