Re: [Evolution] evolution 2 creates thousands of blank task entries

JP Rosevear wrote:

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 11:01 -0700, James LaRue wrote:
I used to use Evolution, until suddenly it had a duplication problem.
The bundled dedupe program couldn't keep up with it.

I just moved to Ubuntu, and thought I'd give it another try.
The big issue is: first, literally hundreds of blank to dos showed up on
my Palm (M505), all with a default priority of 3. Another sync, and now
I seem to be up to the thousands.

Well, I don't know what to say here.  Definitely syncs summary and all
that for me.  Does doing a copy to pilot (or copy to desktop) clean this
up at all?.
Nope. I did download the pilot-link apps, and dedupe removed 8,328 entries!

On the PC side, I've got two other issues:

* no syncing of memos at all (should be in the MyPilot directory, under
Memos, right?).

We don't have anywhere to sync memos to, so evolution has no syncing for
memos.
I was wrong (and so were you!). It seems that the memos did go to a memo_file folder in my home directory. Some of them, nautilus couldn't see as text files, but they opened ok.

* categories didn't come through. No categories for 900 names, nor for
tasks in some 7 categories.

Unfortunately correct,  Evolution doesn't sync the categories currently,
although its been a long time request.

-JP