Re: [Evolution] Re: Evolution and OpenLDAP contacts lists

Thanks for the directions Siva,

I have been able to get a debug trace. I start up evolution and when it
prompts me for the LDAP password, I  enter the correct passwd, I get
access to the database as anonymous. Even though the password was
correct. If I enter an invalid password, I also get anonymous access.

Therefore, I think that I am not giving myself admin privileges within
the database. I am an LDAP greenhorn and used examples of ldif files
that I picked up off the internet
(http://www.feltd.com/work/projects/openLDAP), and modified them to my
liking.

So the question I guess is how do I give myself admin privileges? One
way I just tried was to log-in as Manager, which has also root
management permissions as defined in the slapd.conf file. Seems like too
much permission though. Basically I want to be able to give a group of
individuals in the organization the ability to ad/modify people to the
corporate address book. What is the best way to do that?

My database entries look like this so far:

ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=gendesign,dc=org' -D
"cn=Manager,dc=gendesign,dc=org" '(objectclass=*)' -W
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=gendesign,dc=org> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# gendesign.org
dn: dc=gendesign,dc=org
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: GenDesign Corporation
dc: gendesign

# Manager, gendesign.org
dn: cn=Manager,dc=gendesign,dc=org
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

# AddressBook, gendesign.org
dn: ou=AddressBook,dc=gendesign,dc=org
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: AddressBook

# Michael Meyer, AddressBook, gendesign.org
dn: cn=Michael Meyer,ou=AddressBook,dc=gendesign,dc=org
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: evolutionPerson
cn: Michael Meyer
givenName: Michael Meyer
sn: Meyer
userPassword:: e1NTSEF9bTI3aDI1em9CYTRodkJNUmY0UGcyS1BUMm02MjhpNTM=
mail: mjmeyer gendesign org

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success