Re: [Evolution] Re: Evolution and OpenLDAP contacts lists

On Thu, December 9, 2004 15:50, Mike Meyer said:
[...]
I can view the entries created within the LDAP database. All I had to do
was hit the clear button.

 Evolution does allow me to add new members via
the contacts view (i.e. no error indication). However, they never make
it into the LDAP database.

Still cant add though. Must be a permissions problem for the user I am
logging in as. Evolution or Open LDAP do not feed back an error
indication that there is any permissions problem or that it fails
though.

If you fail to connect as the admin user, Evo will log you in with
anonymous (read only) access, depending on how your slapd.conf is set up.

Make sure that your connection parameters are correct.  Bounce slapd while
evo is connected and see whether you get a message about connecting
anonymously.  Re-enter your password, and see that you are connected with
admin permissions.

I had no problems moving all my personal contacts to the server using cut
and paste, try that with one of your personal contacts.

If all these fail, turn on logging (loglevel in your slapd.conf, RT Fine
Manpage), and see how your connection is made.  This could turn out very
verbose depending your chosen loglevel, so beware.

HTH
--
Tony